Thursday, April 7, 2011

Etsy Love!

I HEART ETSY.COM!

 
On March 16th I made my first official sale on etsy! I was super excited  and even nervous because I realized how UN-organized I was. But in  the end I packed up my Kids Under The Sea charm bracelet in a nice  black and white box, wrapped it in black ribbon with a sticker on top and  shipped it off to California to a woman who bought it for her niece! That was, I must admit, my nicest piece to date. I will miss it. Thank  you for the purchase!
 

This month, also through etsy.com, I was commissioned to do four charm bracelets for a woman in Alberta, Canada. She saw my Kids Key To My Heart charm bracelet and fell in love. So much that she asked me to create two for her two girls, one for herself and one for her mother. These bracelets are not just cute charms. To her, they represent her daughter’s cancer being in remission for two years. Her younger daughter, who is now just  three,  was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma, a cancer of the eye that starts in the retina and is the most common type of eye cancer in children. This Easter, they will be celebrating her two-year anniversary of the cancer being in remission. These bracelets are very special to them, and I couldn’t be more honored and thankful for having chosen ME to create these! All four will be slightly different, with the same theme, and I will be adding a yellow daisy to each one. This daisy represents Retinoblastoma, just like the pink ribbon represents Breast Cancer. I hope they love their bracelets as much as I loved making them. Words cannot say how thankful I am to this woman for choosing me to make these special bracelets for her. I wish I could hand-deliver them to her home and thank her in person. She is an inspirational mother who inspires me to be strong and enjoy life and be thankful for what I have. I am so happy that her daughter is well. Thank you, again and again!
Love, Weronika xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale and commissions. What a touching story, I know they will cherish their bracelets always, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congrats on your first sale and first commissioned project! I know how exciting that is! And that is truly a touching story about the little girl.... what an honor it must be to create these 3 bracelets for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! thanks everyone! The commission was definitely an honor and as a result, I have made a life-long friend! I was able to hand-deliver the bracelets when they were down in Toronto recently and meet these awesome girls! My daughter and Evie got along like they knew each other forever, and so Veronica and I! All thanks to Etsy!xoxo

    ReplyDelete